Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Papers submitted for publication must conform to the following guidelines:
- Papers should discuss the themes of Islamic Family Law, Islam and gender discourse, and legal drafting of Islamic civil law.
- Papers are written either in Indonesian, English or Arabic;
- Papers must be typed in one-half spaced on A4-paper size;
- Papers’ length is about 6,000-10,000 words;
- All submission must include a 150-200 word abstract written in a paragraph, one spaced, and two languages: Indonesian and English;
- Full name(s) of the author(s) must be stated, along with his/her/their institution and complete address;
- All submission should be in Open Office, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format;
- Arabic words should be transliterated according to the Al-Risalah: Jurnal Hukum Keluarga Islam (Ahwal Al-Syakhsiyah) style;
- Qur’an verses and hadith texts must be noted by syakal and must be translated to Indonesian;
- Bibliographical reference must be noted in footnote and bibliography according to Chicago Footnote 17 (Full Note) style;
When a source is cited for the first time, full information is provided: full name(s) of author(s), title of the source in italic, place of publication, publishing company, date of publication, and the precise page that is cited. For the following citations of the same source, list the author’s last name, two or three words of the title, and the specific page number(s). The word ibid. may be used, but op.cit., and loc.cit. are not.
The Examples of Footnote Style:
1Rumi Hisakata, Shin’ya Nishida, and Alan Johnston, ‘An Adaptable Metric Shapes perceptual Space’, Current Biology, vol. 26, no. 14 (2016), pp. 1911–5, http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(16)30544-9, accessed 3 Oct 2016.
2Elon Musk, ‘The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (Just between You and Me)’, Tesla Blog (2 Aug 2006), https://www.tesla.com/blog/secret-tesla-motors-master-plan-just-between-you-and-me, accessed 29 Sep 2016.
3Christopher W.V. Hogue, ‘Structure Databases’, in Bioinformatics, 2nd edition, ed. by Andreas D. Baxevanis and B.F. Francis Ouellette (New York, NY: Wiley-Interscience, 2001), pp. 83–109.
4Joe Sambrook and David William Russell, Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 3rd edition (Cold Spring Harbor, NY: CSHL Press, 2001), p. 67.
5Khaled Abou El Fadl, Rebellion and Violence in Islamic Law (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006), p. 89.
7Ibid, p. 100.
8Joe Sambrook and David William Russell, Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual, p. 101.
9Annemarie Schimmel, Rahasia Wajah Suci Ilahi, terj. Rahmani Astuti (Bandung: Mizan, 1987), hlm. 11.
10Nūr ad-Dīn 'Itr, Manhaj an-Naqd fī 'Ulūm al-Ḥadiś (Beirut: Dār al-Fikr, 1992), hlm. 123
Bibliography is provided: full name(s) of author(s), title of the source in italic, place of publication, publishing company, and date of publication.
The Examples of Bibliography:
Hisakata, Rumi, Shin’ya Nishida, and Alan Johnston, ‘An Adaptable Metric Shapes Perceptual Space’, Current Biology, vol. 26, no. 14, 2016, pp. 1911–5 [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2016.05.047 ].
Hogue, Christopher W.V., ‘Structure Databases’, in Bioinformatics, 2nd edition, ed. by Andreas D. Baxevanis and B.F. Francis Ouellette, New York, NY: Wiley-Interscience, 2001, pp. 83–109.
Musk, Elon, ‘The secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (Just between You and Me)’, Tesla Blog, 2 Aug 2006, https://www.tesla.com/blog/secret-tesla-motors-master-plan-just-between-you-and-me, accessed 29 Sep 2016.
Sambrook, Joe and David William Russell, Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual, 3rd edition, Cold Spring Harbor, NY: CSHL Press, 2001.
Abdullah, Amin, “at-Ta’wil al-‘Ilmi: ke Arah Perubahan Paradigma Penafsiran Kitab Suci”, al-Jami’ah, No. 2, Vol. 39, 2001.
Anderson, Norman, Law Reform in the Muslim World, London: The Athlone Press, 1976.
Fadl, Khaled M. Abou, Speaking in God’s Name: Law Authority, and Women, Oxford: Oneworld, 2003.
'Itr, Nūr ad-Dīn, Manhaj an-Naqd fī 'Ulūm al-Ḥadiś, Beirut: Dār al-Fikr, 1992.
Schimmel, Annemarie, Rahasia Wajah Suci Ilahi, terj. Rahmani Astuti, Bandung: Mizan, 1987.
Siddiqi, Muhammad Zubayr, “Hadith A Subject of Keen Interest” dalam P.K. Kroya (ed.), Hadith and Sunnah Ideals and Realities, Malaysia: Islamic Book Trust, 1996.
Please consider the following creteria:
- The title of the article submittd to Al-Ahwal should reflect a specific focus of study;
- The article submitted should be based on library or fieldwork research;
- The article should present bibliography which entails primary sources—books, manuscripts, interviews, or observation—and updated secondary sources from books or peer reviewed journals;
- The article should contain an argument/thesis/finding which contribute to scholarly discussion in a field of study which should clearly be mentioned and systematically presented in abstract, content, and conclusion;
- The style and format, including the structure of article, footnotes, bibliography, should follow those of Al-Ahwal.
- The article is submitted to http://jurnal.iain-bone.ac.id/index.php/alrisalah/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions